The Detox & Glow Ritual
STEP 1: DRY BRUSH
Grab your Body Brush and start with completely dry skin, before a bath or shower. “I love dry brushing in themorning to help wake up and energize my body,” Gigi says. “Use gentle but firm pressure and always move toward your heart to help stimulate circulation. I like doing 5-7 strokes per area.”
• Feet & lower legs: Brush the tops of your feet to your ankles, then brush from the front of your ankles to your knees. Now move to the back of your legs and brush from ankles to knees. It may be helpful to restone leg on a bench or the side of your bathtub.
• Thighs: Brush from your knees to your pelvis area, on each leg. Start with the front of your legs (the quad area) and move the back of your legs (the hamstring area).
• Abdomen: Gently brush in circular motions to help promote digestion and lymph flow.
• Arms: Brush each arm in upward strokes, moving from your wrist to the inside of your elbow, up to your armpits.
• Abdomen: Move to your abdomen again and repeat the gentle circular brushes.
STEP 2: NOURISH YOUR SKIN
Chances are you’ve exfoliated quite a bit of dull, dead skin! Hop in the shower to rinse it away, then gently pat dry and seal in moisture with body oil. “I like to blend our Organic Jojoba Oil and Sweet Almond Oil together and apply while my skin is still slightly damp,” Gigi says. “It’s best to useonly nourishing natural oils after dry brushing, nothing that will irritate freshly exfoliated skin.”
STEP 3: LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE MASSAGE
“Regular lymphatic drainage massage—paired with a healthy diet, mindful movement and lots of self-love—are my keys for a healthy and toned body,” Gigi says. To start,grab your Massage Tool and awaken your lymphatic system by pumping the two major lymph nodes in your body. Pump the back of your knees and underneath your armpits 5 times each for optimal detoxifying results.
Front of legs:
• Holding the tool in a horizontal position, start at your ankle and gently stroke in an upward motion toward your inner thigh. Repeat 3-7 times per leg.
• Holding the tool in a vertical position, gently stroke in an upward motion toward your outer thigh. Repeat 3-7 times per leg.
Back of legs:
• Massage the back of your legs by holding the tool in a vertical position.
• We recommend using a stepstool or a chair to help you easily reach the back of your knees, as you stroke in an upward motion until you reach the gluteal fold.
• Massage your arms by holding the tool in a vertical position, practicing smooth and gentle strokes as you glide the tool from your inner wrist to your armpit. Repeat this motion on the outer parts of your arm. Repeat 3-7 times on each arm.
We recommend treating your body to the Detox & Glowself-care ritual 1-2 times per week to maintain your smooth, glowing skin and keep that lymphatic flow moving for a toned and lifted look. Keep glowing this spring and all year long!