FREE SHIPPING On All U.S. Orders +$100. Due to COVID-19 and high-demand please allow additional time for shipping.
Mushroom Farro Risotto
January 6 2021·
January 6 2021·
This mushroom risotto recipe is amazingly comforting yet surprisingly healthy. It’s full of earthy mushrooms, one of my favorite veggies, and it’s made with farro, making it a nourishing, wholesome meal that is super simple to make. In true De La Heart spirit, we've healthified the staple risotto ingredients and swapped olive oil instead of butter, and added plenty of flavorful aromatic herbs, and vegetable broth to boost the taste.
Gigi & The DLH Team
- 1 Pound of Wild Mushroom Mix ( Oyster, Trumpet, Enokitake, & Shitake )
- 1 Quart of Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 Cups of Farro
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Finely Chopped Onion
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- Ground Pepper to Taste
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Place the farro in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Let soak while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Place the wild mushroom mix in a separate bowl and add 2 cups of boiling water. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Drain the mushrooms through a strainer and rinse them under water to remove any grit. Chop coarsely and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large, nonstick skillet. Add the onion. Cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, about three minutes. Add the fresh mushrooms, salt to taste, the garlic and rosemary. Continue to cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms are tender, about five minutes.
- Add the farro and continue to stir, until the grains of farro are separate and beginning to crackle.
- Stir in the wine and cook, until the wine has been absorbed. Add the vegetable stock, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer 50 minutes or until the farro is tender; remove the lid, and stir vigorously from time to time.
- Before serving, bring back to a simmer, add the Parmesan, parsley and pepper, and stir together.
- Remove from the heat and serve, Enjoy!