Are you drinking hot water with lemon every day before breakfast? This morning ritual is all the rage amongst beauty bloggers & health influencers due to its many health benefits.
It was about 10 years ago when I replaced my 2 shots of espresso with a concoction that included hot water, lemon, and ACV. And it sure was life changing!
After a few years of having this every morning, my teeth couldn’t take it anymore. The citric acid in the lemon juice was damaging the enamel in my teeth making them awfully sensitive. So I switched to celery juice. And THAT was life changing.
I love starting my day with something other than coffee or tea so I now have a green juice or hot water with lemon interchangeably. A cup with 6-8oz of hot water and 1/2 oz of lemon will not only help you stay hydrated, but it may also improve digestion and relieve symptoms of indigestion.
Lemons are packed with nutrients including vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fiber. The vitamin C in lemons can help alleviate stress and fight viral infections. Much needed these days!
And for the teeth? Take breaks & drink it with a straw.
- Boosts Immunity - Vitamin C is one of the quickest and easiest ways to boost your immune system. It plays an important role in the body by supporting a strong immune system and helping to prevent infections. Squeezing just half a lemon into your water provides one-third of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C making it an easy way to add extra "C" to your day.
- Rejuvenates The Skin - Lemons are rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C, which reduce free radical damage associated with aging and stimulate collagen production. This nutrient-packed superfood also encourages DNA to repair itself, keeping your skin radiant & glowing.
- Hydrates The Body - This warm cup of goodness helps start the day on a hydrated note, which helps prevent dehydration and adrenal fatigue. When your body is hydrated it can perform all of its proper functions, reducing toxic buildup, lymph congestion, and inflammation.
- Boosts Energy - Warm water with lemon is a natural energizer, and when consumed first thing in the morning it helps hydrate and oxygenate the body, leaving you feeling refreshed, revitalized and radiant throughout the day.
- Improves Digestion - Consuming lemon water on an empty stomach helps to flush out and loosen the toxins in your digestive tract that are causing bloat, indigestion, and constipation. While staying hydrated in general will help to keep you regular, adding fresh lemon juice to your water will speed up the process since it stimulates the digestive enzymes in your system.