Gigi's Miami Guide To Self-Care
I’ve assembled some of my favorite self-care services, places, gurus, and practices to help you feel like your best-self when in Miami. After living in the Magic City for over 20 years, I have definitely tried it all and can say I’ve finally mastered the all-time formula to relax, recharge and get your glow on. Hope my recommendations help you look your best and feel even better. Enjoy! xx
- Flawless by Melissa Fox: Melissa Fox is a celebrity facialist and skincare guru with over 15 years of experience. And her studio lives up to her reputation. I had an a-la-carte facial including jet peel and the Biologique Recherche lifting facial with remodeling face machine and WOW. This treatment oxygenated all levels of my skin, leaving me with lifted, toned, and contoured facial muscles. Results were immediate and I simply can’t wait to go back.
- Sana: A skin studio made to offer goal driven facials, real guidance, and clean skincare. I went for The Super Glow, a major glow boost with zero downtime. Literally everything you want in a facial: a brightening peel, gua sha massage, microcurrent and a dose of oxygen. Left feeling hydrated, contoured and glowing! They offer monthly memberships & clean, high-end beauty products. You can find @delaheart in their curated shop.
- Hydrafacial at Diane Walder Dermatology: Cleanse, extract, and hydrate with HydraFacial, this treatment is my go-to and I get one every 6 weeks for maintenance. I see Ruth at Diane Walder dermatology.
- Stacy Chimento at Diane Walder Dermatology: Dr. Chimento is board certified in Dermatology and is highly trained in surgical and cosmetic dermatology with an expertise in acne treatment. She cured my acne and has transformed my skin in the past 5 years.
- Ultrashape Miami: If you're looking for a local spa that specializes in Lymphatic Drainage Massage, this is your place! Ultrashape Miami performs an exclusive massage technique using only plant-based, paraben-free products.
- Body Roll Studio: A chic wellness space in the heart of Sunset Harbor equipped with body rolling machines. Think foam roller and sauna ( the machines have infrared lights) in one, combining the effects of lymphatic drainage and detox. Within the studio you're set up in your own room with a roller machine (which is individually controlled ) and a personal T.V to guide you through the experience.
- Reset Cryotherapy: Reset is a recovery studio offering biohacking services for athletic recovery and aesthetic goals. From cryotherapy and BOA compression therapy ( aka manual lymphatic drainage ) to LED light therapy and a full spectrum sauna.
- Fuze House: A multi-faceted studio founded by Elisa Kaylin, where you can enjoy workouts across three disciplines: yoga, pilates & sculpt. These intense and sweaty classes are truly a one-of-a-kind experience.
- Pilathon: This boutique Pilates and wellness studio located in Wynwood focuses on personalized, fun, original group and private classes.
- Skanda Yoga: The practice of Skanda Yoga honors the tradition of yoga in its application of alignment, functional movement, conscious breathwork, and meditation. Take your body, mind, and spirit to the next level with Annand & Saddhana.
- SOL Yoga: This infrared heated studio offers a modern take on traditional yoga. Release stored toxins and increase circulation while moving to their unique flows to beats of anything from rock to reggeaton.
- State of Yoga: A sanctuary to relax and practice yoga with devotion, energy, and knowledge. This studio houses many of Miami’s top experienced yoga instructors who teach a continuation of the traditional yoga lineage.
- Boia De Restaurant: The same duo that brought us La Pollita, the popular Mexican food truck, opened their own eatery in the heart of Buena Vista and it’s become one of my favorite restaurants in Miami. This Italian restaurant located in a strip mall offers seasonal selection of beautifully executed dishes. The 27-seat hidden gem is super hard to get in, so make sure you reserve your spot ahead of time.
- La Natural: This simple but elevated restaurant serves my favorite sourdough pizza, the most creative vegetable dishes & natural wines in a relaxed indoor-outdoor space in Little River. And make sure to make a reservation.
- Sun Life Organics: The Malibu-based juice bar made its way to Miami Beach with the simple mission to love, heal, and inspire. A fun, safe, and sober environment to enjoy acai bowls, cold-pressed juices, smoothies and more.
*Disclaimer: These recommendations are solely my personal curation and have no affiliation or sponsorship from the businesses mentioned in this post.