FREE SHIPPING ON ALL U.S. ORDERS $100+ SHOP NOW
Zucchini Egg Nests
May 19 2021·
May 19 2021·
Happy Thursday, #selfloveclub team! How is your challenge going? It is day 4 of our 7-day Feel Your Vibrant Self challenge & what better way to keep us motivated than a recipe for brain health! Last week, we talked about healthy lymph supporting overall health and a sharp mind. I wanted to check in & offer my support with a delicious, hydrating breakfast rich in protein, fats & tons of flavor that will provide just that! If you revisit our blog, "Superfood Highlight: Healthy Fats," we talk about the importance that fats in our diet play in brain health. Our body is made up of 70% water, and as mentioned, it is crucial to keep things in flow to feel like our most vibrant selves.
With that said, enjoy this delicious recipe. I've been craving it on repeat as I have been craving eggs like crazy with baby number deux.
I hope this becomes a staple in your recipe book; it's a good one!
All the love,
Gigi & The De La Heart Team
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 2 Eggs
- Feta Cheese
- Red Pepper Flakes - Optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In the meantime, spray two small ramekins with cooking spray.
- Carefully using a spiralizer, create noodle-like zucchini strands; set aside.
- Crack one egg, and separate the whites from the yolk. Add whites to a small bowl and reserve yolk in its shell.
- Season the egg whites with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Using your hands, shape zucchini noodles into a “nest” and snuggle it into a prepared bowl/ramekin. Repeat in second bowl.
- Pour egg white mixture over each nest, and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, add yolk, then place in oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle feta on top and serve!