August 31 2021·
August 31 2021·
I absolutely love cooking with my husband. He is an Italian food fanatic and I'm a healthy food fanatic, and together we come up with the most amazing menus as we always find our happy medium.
This dish is the perfect example of our meeting of the minds. Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables and meaty enough to be served as a main dish or as a side. When cooked in this sweet and sour Italian way, it becomes a bracing dish for serving alongside any meal. Enjoy!
6 Medium Zucchini, Washed & Sliced
1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
1/4 Tsp Red Pepper Chili Flakes
2 Garlic Cloves Slivered
Fresh Mint Leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. While the oven preheats, slice the zucchini into 1/8 inch-thick ribbons. Lay out the zucchini- blot dry with a paper towel then lightly salt on both sides and let sit for about 20 minutes.
- Once the oven is heated to 200 degrees, place in the zucchini slices until they become dry- approx 1 hour.
- As the zucchini dries in the oven, simmer the apple cider vinegar and sugar over medium heat until a syrupy consistency. Add the chili flakes and garlic then turn off the heat.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 inch of olive oil until it begins to simmer. Once simmering, carefully add the zucchini one-by-one until it begins to fry a golden brown ( 20-30 seconds ). Carefully remove and add to drying rack to dry.
- To arrange, Add the fried zucchini in a heatproof dish and generously add the mint leaves. Let sit for 10 minutes allowing the flavors to meld. Enjoy!