What’s in Season: August Produce Guide
August 3 2021·
August 3 2021·
Happy August Natural Beauties! I can’t believe summer is already over. I’ve been swimming in summer produce and enjoying it insanely, baby too! Knowing what fresh produce items are in season when you head to the grocery store means that you’ll be enjoying fruits and veggies at their peak. For me, when it comes to nutrition & the foods I eat, the main components I strive for are organic, seasonal & local and these monthly produce lists keep me on track in doing so and I hope they do the same for you!
- Grapes - High in potassium and vitamin K, which both support heart health.
- Apples - Rich in both soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Melons - Abundant source of vitamins A & C, beta carotene, and lycopene.
- Peaches, Nectarines, & Plums - Between 85-89% water, a great hydrating super fruit.
- Tomatoes - Contains Vitamin A, which keeps your hair shiny and strong.
- Blackberries - Contain vital minerals such as magnesium and calcium.
- Strawberries - Full of plant polyphenols that act as antioxidants.
- Fresh Figs - Low in calories & sugar and provide vitamin C & vitamin A.
- Cucumbers - Act as a coolant for our stomach, helping relieve digestive issues.
- Eggplant - High in Anthocyanins, the pigment that give eggplants their purple hue, have antioxidant properties linked to anti-inflammation.
- Summer Squash - Low in calories, and have little to no cholesterol, fat, & sodium.
- Peppers - Low in calories & full of folate.
- Green Beans - These power-packed veggies have been shown to help manage and regulate diabetes symptoms.
- Potatoes - Highest in potassium, a vital mineral and electrolyte for your body.
- Mint - Supports the digestive system by calming digestive cramping making you feel more comfortable after a meal.