Mexican food is one of my top 3 favorite cuisines. So let's celebrate "National Fajita Day" in classic delaheart fashion, with vegan fajitas, the plant-based dish everybody loves.
I make this recipe at least once a week because it's easy and delicious. Sautéed veggies and mushrooms, salsa, guacamole, and vegan sour cream in a corn tortilla is always a winner. Pass the plants!
- 16 oz of mushrooms, sliced into quarter-inch slices
- 1 bunch of asparagus, snap the ends off
- 3 bell peppers (green, orange, and yellow) cut in strips
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp tajin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Food For Life Organic Corn Tortillas
- guacamole, salta, vegan sour cream (optional but highly encouraged)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the veggies in a large mixing bowl. Coat with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the Tajin, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and salt and pepper. Mix seasonings together, then add to the bowl of vegetables. Toss well to coat.
- Lay the vegetables on the baking sheet in a single layer, as flat as possible.
- Place in the oven to roast for 15 min, then stir, and bake again for 5-10 min until browned.
- Serve the roasted veggies with warmed tortillas and your favorite toppings.