Quinoa with veggies is one of my favorite easy lunchtime plates to fix up for my family when I am having a busy week. It lasts for days & you can make it in big batches with whatever veggies you have leftover in your fridge. It also serves as a beautiful base for a grain salad. I like to eat it hot or cold as the flavor shines no matter the temperature, and it tastes even better as the days go by. Add a touch of Turmeric, and voila, you've got yourself an anti-inflammatory, fiber-rich dish for the rest of the week. If you're looking to add a little extra oomph, you can always add some nuts of your choice! So good!
With a grateful heart,
Gigi & The De La Heart Team
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of chopped string beans
- 1 small zucchini squash chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut into half-moons
- 1/2 of a teaspoon of Turmeric powder
- Lime juice for taste
- Salt & pepper for taste
- A protein of your choice
- In a saucepan place 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the quinoa to the hot water, and simmer until the water is absorbed and the grains become translucent soft (about 10-15 minutes). Pour through a strainer and set to the side in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet pan over medium-high. Add the broccoli, string beans, squash, and carrots and lightly sauté for a few minutes, adding the salt, turmeric, and black pepper. Lightly sauté for 5-6 minutes, until they become softened (but not overcooked).
- Add the cooked quinoa and stir everything together. Optional to top with your favorite protein of choice.
- Squeeze lime juice over the quinoa, adjusting the flavoring as needed to how you love it. Enjoy!