The Ultimate Recovery Smoothie
Did you have one too many cocktails this weekend and woke up feeling it today?Combating the damage the day after a heavy night is paramount. Unfortunately, there isn't a quick-fix or cure-all to help replenish your body of the minerals lost but there is something that will help to get your body back on track ASAP and this smoothie recipe can lend a helping hand.
- Coconut Water - Coconut water is known for its high concentration of electrolytes and potassium. The electrolytes rehydrate the body quickly while the potassium and natural sugars help to ease out a headache or nausea - making it an excellent choice whether you have been ill or are nursing a hangover.
- Pineapple - Pineapple is loaded with vitamin C which helps to assist your liver in detoxing faster. Bromelain, the main enzyme in pineapple helps to reduce high levels of inflammation that occur in the body due to a hangover. Along with inflammation relief, the pineapple’s sweetness helps to correct low blood sugar levels, relieving headaches and dizziness.
- Ginger - Ever have an upset stomach after a night of drinking? Alcohol irritates the lining of the stomach ( one of the reasons for hangover-related nausea ). Consuming ginger helps with nausea, vomiting and aids indegestion. It also stimulates blood flow and it's warmth & spice stimulate the metabolism which in turn enhances detoxification.
- Coconut Yogurt - Coconut yogurt is loaded with probiotics which help to maintain the balance of bacteria and yeast in your gut, which increases when you drink alcohol. This powerful little good-bacteria will help move acetaldehyde, which is thought to be the main component responsible for inflammation and other hangover symptoms, through your system faster.
- Banana - Bananas deliver potassium, vitamins C and B6 to the body which help neutralize free radicals that negatively affect the liver after drinking. Fructose, a natural sugar found in bananas, also help to metabolize alcohol sugars and send glucose to the bloodstream quickly so you feel less irritable.
- 1 Cup Coconut Water
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 1 Whole Banana
- 1/2 Cup Cocoyo Plain Coconut Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Grated Ginger
- Add all your ingredients into a Vitamix-like blender. Blend until smooth. If using fresh fruit, add ice to achieve desired temperature. Serve fresh & enjoy!