Thanksgiving Vegetable Medley: Tips & Tricks
Looking for a last-minute recipe to add to this year's Thanksgiving dinner? Try the delicious and easy-to-make Vegetable Medley I created with the help of my dear friend, Chef Sasha Ariel. This recipe is healthy, colorful, and a great side dish!
Pantry Essentials For Perfectly Roasted Veggies:
- Nonstick baking sheet tray.
- Heat proof parchment paper.
- Grape seed oil or coconut oil pan spray.
- Fine sea salt.
Holiday Vegetable Medley with Cranberry Balsamic Reduction
Serves 6 guests.
- 1 Kabocha squash deseeded and cut into half inch pieces.
- 1 Acorn squash deseeded and cut into half inch pieces.
- 1 lb brussel sprouts cut in halves.
- 1 red onion cut into pedals.
- Sage leaves
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- 1 quart unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 450°-475°F, preferably on convection.
- Add juice, vinegar, maple, and cranberries to a sauce pot, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Keep a close eye on this, you are making a reduction, this should take about an hour to thicken.
- In separate bowls, toss the veggies with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Line the baking tray with parchment and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roast veggies one by one. Squash 18 mins | Onions 14 minutes | Brussel Sprouts 13 minutes. Start with the squash as they take the longest to cook and place them on the top rack right below the highest.
- Add a few springs of thyme and sage to each tray as you roast.
- Broil for a few minutes (watch closely so they don't burn) just allow enough time for browning.
- Pull veggies from the oven and cool on the counter.
- Arrange them all together on a large serving platter.
- Drizzle your already roasted veggies with the cranberry reduction.
- You can top your veggie medley with pecans, walnuts, chopped parsley, or crispy sage leaves left overs from roasting.
- Serve and enjoy!!
We hope you enjoy our recipe! From our hearts to yours, we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and a peaceful Holiday Season!
Gigi & Sasha