Tahini-Lime Broccoli Salad
We've made this dish twice in a week, and I must say, it's become my new favorite summer salad. Think broccoli slaw sans the mayo and replaced with a vegan tahini-lime dressing which makes me think of my friend Sally aka #mysexyveggies aka Tahini Queen. Due to popular demand I'm sharing the recipe to our version of this staple dish. This salad (like any other salad) is best if eaten fresh, as it's made. Enjoy!
- 1 lb of broccoli
- 3-5 thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup toasted raw cashews
- 1/3 cup raw tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 finely grated garlic clove
- Dash of red pepper flakes to top
- 1/3 chopped cup of mint
- Trim and peel the broccoli. Cut off the florets and keep the stalks intact. In this salad we use the stalks too. Shred or julienne the stalks and place them in a bowl.
- Chop or julienne the florets and add them to the bowl, with the scallions and the already toasted cashews.
- In a measuring cup, combine the tahini, lime juice, sesame oil, coconut aminos, honey, garlic and hot sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli and toss to coat.
- Set aside at room temperature for at least 15 minutes, for broccoli to marinate in the dressing.
- Add the fresh herbs and toss well. Refrigerate before serving.