FREE SHIPPING On All U.S. Orders +$100. Due to COVID-19 and high-demand please allow additional time for shipping.
Superfood Highlight: Turmeric
June 15 2021·
June 15 2021·
As I'm cruise through my second trimester, I reminisce on how different an experience I've had in my body with baby number two. But, this time around, I feel more confident in my body & as a mama! I am grateful to have the tools to get this through this stage in my life with ease. So, today, I want to share one of mother nature's golden gifts with you that has helped me keep inflammation down in my body during pregnancy & out of pregnancy.
During these months, I practice legs up the wall to reverse blood flow, lymphatic drainage to reduce inflammation, dry brushing to boost circulation in my body, & also introduce small amounts of Turmeric into my diet to help the swelling coming from within.
A few years ago, I shared the recipe for my favorite morning pick-me-up, my Anti-inflammatory Golden Mylk Latte, which you can find here. It was a kitchen treat I started consuming to replace my need for a morning caffeine fix. Little did I know in 2018, this yummy drink would also become a pregnancy staple for me for morning sickness, acid reflux & inflammation. So even when I am not pregnant & I have a long weekend of indulging, or I need a short reset, I consume this yummy drink to help me come back to myself.
Turmeric root has countless benefits & it's a fantastic root to incorporate into your diet. But as always, consult your doctor to see if this addition is fitting for you. In my experience, it helped calm down the inflammation in my body, which is crucial when you're expecting & for the baby's brain development.
I'll leave you with a heart-opening version of my classic Golden Mylk Latte. I hope this truly makes your day.
Gigi & The De La Heart Team
Golden Rose Latte
- 1 Cup of Malk Oat Milk
- 1 Scoop of Vital Proteins Golden Milk Collagen Latte
- 1 Teaspoon of Sun Potion Bio-Active Honey
- 1.5 Tablespoon of Dried Rose Petals
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Cardamom
- Pinch of Pepper
- Bring the oat milk to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the dried rose petals to the boiled milk. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add all the Golden Milk Latte mix, Cinnamon, Cardamom, & Pepper, and continue to mix until smooth.
- Strain the rose petals from the mixture.
- Pour the mixture in your Vitamix-like blender for about 4 minutes or until forthy/bubbly.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!
Tag us in your creations for a chance to be featured on our IG @delaheart #selfloveclub.