Today my daughter Shiva took over the kitchen to give you the recipe for her favorite snack, cinnamon pear-apple sauce. We guarantee that this is the perfect snack for mommy & me time, on-the-go snacking, or bringing it as a sharable treat to playdates.
Shiva takes after her mama; she loves to have a healthy snack recipe in the back of her pocket. The added pears in this recipe make this a fun take on your classic applesauce, and the best part about it is that it is homemade - so no extra additives or fillers in your baby's food. Enjoy!
Gigi, Shiva & The De La Heart Team
- 4 Gala Apples, Peeled & Chopped
- 2 Pears, Peeled & Chopped
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Bring to a boil over medium heat in a medium saucepan
- Place the chopped apples pears and the water into a saucepan.
- Cover and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Use a blender or a hand mixer to blend the apples and pears into a sauce. ( You can make it as chunky or smooth as you like )
- Let cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.