These homemade salmon nuggets are an easy toddler dinner that everyone in the house will enjoy too. I know that many kids love nuggets, and they are a great option for easy meals that are filled with nutrients including protein. We used salmon, but you can use your protein of choice. This recipe is SO easy to make with just a few ingredients and less than 30 minutes. Oh, and you get to use your air fryer too!
- 2lbs of Salmon ( Makes 12 pieces )
- Ian’s GF Panko Breadcrumbs
- Herbs de Provence
- Onion Powder
- Himalayan Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 Egg
- Remove skin from salmon. Wash and dry thoroughly. Cut into 2 inch squares.
- Mix egg and seasonings to taste. Whisk the egg and mix all together throughly.
- Season breadcrumbs—mix all together.
- Coat the salmon piece with the egg mixture first and then cover with breadcrumbs. (I like to freeze and store some for later use, I wrap in parchment paper and store in a silicone bag and set in the freezer)
- When I want to eat fresh, I set aside and preheat the airfryer for 3 min at 375 degrees.
- Carefully place the raw salmon nuggets in the air fryer and cook for 8-10 min @ 375. If you don’t have an air fryer you can bake @ 375 for 15-20 min or until gold.
- Serve warm and squeeze a few drops of lemon for added flavor. Enjoy!