Salmon & Couscous Salad
Happy Thursday Natural Beauties! This crispy pan seared salmon couscous salad I made last week turned out to be a winner around here—even baby Shiva was all over it!
This recipe is filled with healthy fats, a high dose of omegas, a good amount of greens and herbs, and it’s made with a light coconut lemon dressing.
A quick and easy lunch or dinner dish thats flavorful and fresh—perfect for your next summer party!
3 Salmon Fillets
2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
1 1/2 Cups Pearl Couscous
1 1/2 Cups Baby Arugula
1 Cup of Plain Coconut Yogurt ( I use CocoYo )
1/2 Cup Violife Feta
1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley Leaves
1/4 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves
1 Persian Cucumber
Himalayan salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the salmon on a sheet pan skin-side down and pat dry. Coat the salmon with olive oil, salt, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric. Carefully cut a lime into 4 halves and douse 1 of the halves in olive oil, place cut-side up on corner of pan.
- Bake the salmon on the center rack of the oven until it is pink in the center, approximately 16-18 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- While the salmon cools - Make the couscous. Add 3 cups of water and a pinch of salt to a medium size sauce pan until water beings to boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and pour the couscous into the water until the couscous is tender and water is absorbed. Drain the couscous, drizzle with olive oil and stir in the arugula, allowing it to wilt. Let cool.
- While both couscous and salmon cool - Prepare the dressing. In a large bowl, combine the coconut yogurt with 1/4 cup of room temperature water and the zest & juice of 1 lime - whisk until smooth. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of cumin, 1/4 cup of feta, chopped cucumber and herbs. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- Add the couscous mixture to the dressing - tossing to combine. Carefully remove the salmon from the skin. Add half of the salmon to the couscous and flake with a fork to create smaller pieces within the mixture - mixing it together. Place the remaining salmon on top and squeeze the roasted lime over the dish. Garnish with scallions, feta and remaining herbs. Enjoy!