Rose Water Margaritas
In lieu of National Tequila Day, I wanted to mix it up and create something a little less traditional. Though I'm not a big drinker myself, when I do drink, my drink of choice is tequila. And to not get loose on the booze I decided to pair it up with rose water . So, let's celebrate this caliente holiday with something a little more soothing and of higher vibration like Rose Water Margaritas.
Rose water has incredible benefits to the body and the skin, and this drinkable version I made myself works great as a toner too!
BENEFITS OF ROSE WATER
- Healthy Aging properties: Reduces wrinkles, lightens dark spots and tightens pores.
- Soothes skin irritation & redness.
- Contains antioxidants.
- Enhances mood by elevating the vibration of your heart.
- Helps maintain body PH balance.
- Contains a high Vitamin C content.
- Relieves digestive discomfort.
- Produces Anti-Inflammatory effects.
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 Cup of Fresh Rose petals
- 2 Cups of Ice
- 1oz. Tequila
- 2 Tablespoons of Lime
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- ROSE WATER
- Remove the rose blossoms from the stems & carefully rise them under cold water
- Add 2 cups of water plus 1 cup of rose petals into a sauce pan on low heat – Let simmer for 30 minutes
- Remove the sauce pan from the stove and carefully strain the rose water into a bowl.
- Add 5 ice cubes into the bowl and place in fridge for 5 minutes.
- Store in sealed container for up to 5 days in fridge.
- In a cocktail shaker:
- Combine 2 Tablespoons of lime juice, 3 Tablespoons of Rose water, 1oz of Tequila & 2 Tablespoons of honey or agave.
- Shake all ingredients until outside of the cocktail shaker becomes frosty.
- Strain mixture into margarita glass.
- Garnish with fresh roses.