Roasted Lemon Pasta
This pasta is simple, light, and the perfect meal come together in under 30 minutes. My kind of cooking! I've been loving making pasta in the summer to pair it with a simple green salad. You can't really beat a delicious and guilt-free pasta dish. Enjoy!
- 4 lemons
- 1 box of Banza chickpea rotini
- 4 tbsp olive oil, more for drizzling
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt, more as needed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (I used Ghee)
- 3/4 tsp Chile flakes
- 2/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Finely zest 2 of the lemons and set aside.
- Trim the tops and bottoms off the other 2 lemons and cut lengthwise into quarters and remove the seeds.
- Blanch the lemon pieces into the boiling water for 2 minutes, then transfer to a separate plate. Blot dry.
- In the boiling water, add pasta and cook for approx 8-10 min.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil with the dried lemon pieces and season to taste. Cook until the lemons are caramelized and browned at the edges, approx 3-5 min. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt the butter with the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the chile flakes and zest of both lemons; cook until fragrant.
- Toss in pasta, juice of 1 lemon, cheese, pepper and the remaining salt. Cook until pasta is well coated with sauce. Add the caramelized lemon, celery and parsley leaves.
- Serve, topped with a drizzle of oil and cheese (if you like).