Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
March 25 2020·
March 25 2020·
After the birth of baby Shiva, I've had no time to get in the kitchen to make my own food or to create yummy recipes to share with ya'll. However, I'm thankful for #quarantine and for extra time to do more things around the house.
Today was a good day and I was able to make a dish I had been craving for a while-Roasted Butternut Squash Soup-it was delicious, quick and easy to make! I also froze some for later ;) Enjoy.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 1 large organic butternut squash.
- 1 large organic white potato.
- 1 cup of vegetable broth (I make my own, but store bought works too)
- 1 cup of coconut milk ( I use So Delicious unsweetened)
- 1 organic shallot
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- fresh sage, oregano, and thyme
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the butternut squash on the pan (halved vertically and seeds removed) and drizzle each half with just enough olive oil to lightly coat the squash on each side.
- Rub the oil over the inside of the squash and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Do the same with the potato (peeled and sliced). Add the shallot, garlic, and herbs.
- Roast squash until it's tender and completely cooked through, about 40-50 minutes (if the skin or flesh brows-thats good for flavor). Set the squash and potato aside until it's cool enough to handle.
- Put your already roasted squash, potato, shallots, garlic, and herbs in your Vitamix-like blender and add the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Blend until smooth.
- Pour your mixture into a large soup pot and bring the heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, until desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy warm or cold and top with black truffle oil and fresh herbs.