I have been gravitating towards wholesome, nutritious bowls of soup this winter. This roasted broccoli and fennel soup is simple to make, flavorful, and filling. Top it off with gluten-free croutons, freshly shaved parmesan, and a little bit of olive oil.
Gigi & The De La Heart Team
2 Cups Broccoli Florets
1 Fennel Bulb, Sliced
5 Garlic Cloves, Peeled
2 Tsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Cracked Pepper
1 Tsp Grass Fed Ghee
1/2 Cup Diced White Onion
1 Cup Diced Potato
2 Cups Vegetable Broth
1 Tsp Dried Thyme
Optional: Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Layer the broccoli florets, sliced fennel, and garlic cloves on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of oil, salt and pepper. Mix it all together and place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- While that is cooking, place a saucepan on medium heat and drop in the ghee. Once the ghee melts, drop the onion along with the dried thyme. Sauté for 2 minutes and then, drop the diced potato along with the veggie stock.
- Crank up the heat and bring the stock to a boil. Then, lower the heat to medium and let it simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are softened.
- Once the broccoli and fennel are roasted and the potatoes are softened, put everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add into serving bowl and garnish with gluten-free croutons, drizzle remaining olive oil and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!