Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins
Just when we thought we were finished posting pumpkin recipes, we rolled up our sleeves and created a new warm baked pumpkin inspired treat that is the perfect indulgence for any time of the day.
This soul-soothing muffin recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, and contains three of our favorite superfoods—pumpkin, raw honey, and coconut oil to bring you a warm treat loaded with beautifying benefits.
The best part? Efficient & zero waste! Use all of the Halloween pumpkins that would have normally gone to waste after the fall holidays & turn into a delicious treat. Enjoy it après dinner or avant lunch!
Gigi & The DLH Team
- 3 Cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup of almond milk
- 1 Cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 Cup honey ( You can also sub honey for maple syrup )
- 3 Tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- * Optional* Coconut sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with parchment or cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Puree oats in a blender or food processor until they reach a flour-like consistency. Add in the pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and sea salt, and pulse until the mixture is evenly combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, pumpkin puree, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract until evenly combined. Fold the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredient mixture, and stir until the mixture is just combined.
- Pour the mixed ingredients half way into the prepared baking cups. Sprinkle a pinch of coconut sugar on top of each muffin, if you would like.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean. Remove from the oven and place the pan on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Unwrap the muffins from the liners and enjoy!