FREE SHIPPING ON ALL U.S. ORDERS $100+ SHOP NOW
Look Young, Stay Full
October 19 2020·
October 19 2020·
Try this delicious smoothie recipe made with whole food ingredients that help your skin stay hydrated and healthy while keeping you full and providing sustainable energy throughout the morning.
- Kale: Provides protein, Vitamin A & K, Sulfur, Calcium & ALA - A omega 3 protein that is key for brain health.
- Berries: High in antioxidants, berries are also packed with vitamin C to help protect your skin from sun damage. Blueberries are known to be vascular constrictors which help decrease redness in people with sensitive skin and strawberries boost collagen fibers, keeping skin smooth and supple.
- Coconut: Known to be one of natures most beautifying foods. Coconut contains a protein called cytokines that encourages cell growth and activation. It also reduces acne caused by inflammation, producing an anti-aging effect on the skin.
- Dates: Packed with vitamin C, dates help in maintaining and improving skin's elasticity. Nutrients contained in dates also enhances the strength of the subcutaneous tissues, which will result in a more tender and smoother skin.
- Collagen: Collagen is a protein that serves as one of the main building blocks for our bones, skin, hair, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. It's designed to keep us vibrant and moving gracefully.
- Spirulina: Known to be Mother Natures first protein source, Spirulina contains antioxidant phytonutrients that are clinically shown to reduce inflammation and protect the heart and liver.
- Maca: Maca is an adaptogenic superfood. It contains a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, copper, zinc, calcium, and iron in addition to containing all eight essential amino acids and loads of phytonutrients
- Chaga: Chaga is full of melanin, which helps shield skin from dangerous UV-rays and reduces the likely hood of premature aging.
- Chia Seeds: An ancient superfood loaded with Omega 3-fatty acids, chia seeds reduce skin inflammation, which leads to improved fibroblast function, healthier collagen fibrils, and are packed with protein to keep you full!
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2)
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries & blueberries
- 1/2 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 2 cups of coconut water
- 3 dates
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1 tsp maca
- 1 tsp chaga
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- In a Vitamix-style blender, combine the berries, kale, coconut yogurt, coconut water, dates, and superfoods. Blend until the desired consistency is reached. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon shredded coconut on top of the smoothie and enjoy!