Lemon Pepper Tequila Hot Sauce
October 1 2020·
October 1 2020·
The lemon pepper tree in my vegetable garden is the literally the tree that keeps on giving. This powerful little tree never stops giving fruit, so we had to get creative and find a way to use them all before they went bad. What about making hot sauce? After trying a variety of recipes we came up with our signature hot sauce, Casa Rigi Fuego, which we now bottle and gift to our closest friends. Today, I'm happy to share the recipe so you can get your hands on some Casa Rigi Fuego as well. Enjoy!
- 2.5 lbs Lemon Peppers
- 1/2 lb any sweeter pepper
- 1 c. shallots
- 1 medium onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 carrots
- 2 pinches of Himalayan salt
- garlic powder
- 2 c. water
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 shot tequila
- 1 c. of apple cider vinegar
- Wear gloves to chop your peppers.
- Finely mince you onion, shallots, and garlic.
- Sautee onions, shallots and garlic in olive oil on a medium heat.
- Chop your tomato and carrots and add to your sautéd onion mix.
- Add salt and garlic powder. Cook for 1-2 min.
- Add chopped peppers and water.
- Cover and simmer until the peppers are nice and soft.
- Add lime juice and sugar. Season to taste.
- Turn off the heat and add the Tequila!
- Let the mixture cool. Blend in your Vitamix-like blender. Add vinegar while blending until desired consistency.
- Pour your mixture into a pepper barrel and store in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, then bottle and share with your friends!