This immune booster juice recipe is a potent mix of 4 fortifying root vegetables—beets, carrots, turmeric, & ginger—packed with vitamins that will help your immune system and decrease inflammatory symptoms originating from viruses or bacteria.In only one serving you’re getting:
-Vitamin C from the apples.
- Carrots - Carrots have high amounts of Vitamin C and contain three major minerals that are critical for the immune system - Zinc, Iron & Copper. Zinc is essential for cells that attack bacteria and foreign substances, Iron supports the inflammatory process, and Copper helps increase your susceptibility to infection.
- Beets - As we know from carrots, Iron and vitamin C play a role in your immune function, and you get both of these nutrients from beets, too. Getting enough iron and vitamins C help to keep cells healthy and strong, improving your immune system's ability to fight off illness.
- Ginger - Known to have both antibacterial and antiviral effects, ginger contains properties that help relieve inflammation and protect the body from infection.
- Turmeric - Containing a potent immune-boosting compound, curcumin, turmeric is anti-inflammatory with antibacterial, antiviral, and antiparasitic properties that can help boost the activity of our immune cells.
- Apple - They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away and well, they're right. Apples contain quercetin, a plant pigment flavonoids that helps boost the immune system and reduce inflammation.
INGREDIENTS - Serves 16 oz
- 3 Carrots
- 3 Medium Sized Beets
- 1 Tbsp Size Piece of Turmeric Root ( about one inch )
- 1 Tbsp Size Piece of Fresh Ginger
- 1/2 Honey Crisp Apple
- Place all ingredients through the juicer. I use Omega Juicers, but any cold-pressed or centrifugal juicer works just fine.
- Drink fresh and enjoy!