I've grown very passionate about using food as my medicine. I have not grown passionate of spending multiple hours in the kitchen. Having said that, I've developed recipes that are simple, quick, yummy, have a maximum of 5 ingredients, and full of purpose. Hope you guys enjoy this one!
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp of raw sugar
- 1 tsp of Himalayan Salt
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Whisk together until sugar and salt are fully dissolved.
- Put vinegar mixture in a pan and bring to a quick boil or until warm.
- Place onion in a jar or bowl ( I like to use a mason jar). Pour vinegar mixture over the onions and let it sit at room temperature until cold.
- Preferably cover the jar and place in the refrigerator. I like to wait at least 12 hours before eating.
- Use onions to top nachos, tacos, salads, avocado toast, and more!