Aglio e olio (pasta with garlic and olive oil) is one of my favorite dishes. Due to my gluten sensitivity I don't eat it as often as I would like to. I recently found Banza, a GF pasta made from chickpeas, which inspired me to make this dish and throw a little kale for extra Vitamin K. Enjoy!
- One box of Banza spaghetti.
- One bunch of black kale, stemmed and sliced into thin ribbons
- 1/2 a cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt & pepper
- Chili flakes and parmesan cheese (optional).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook for 8 min or a little less so the pasta will stay al dente. Drain the water and let it sit for a few minutes.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until it sizzles. Add the kale and cook for another minute, then add the lemon zest. Add the spaghetti and toss everything together.
- Plate and finish with flaky salt, chili flakes, and parmesan cheese, if desired.