Cruciferous Salad With Horseradish Dressing by @nakdspoon
This is one of my favorite salads that is very simple yet very nutritious. It supports healthy digestion and elimination.
- Broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and horseradish provide fiber and antioxidants.
- Lemon provides Vitamin C.
- Cashews and sesame seeds provide minerals, protein, and anti-inflammatory fats.
Trust me, your body will thank you!
Kristina Margolin @nkdspoon
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2 head cauliflower, bite size florets
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup peeled, roughly chopped horseradish
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white miso 3/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbs brown rice vinegar
- 1 tbs umeboshi paste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Bring water to boil with 1 tbs salt. Prepare an ice bath.
- Blanch broccoli, broccoli stems, and cauliflower separately- broccoli for 30 seconds, cauliflower for 1 minute. Shock blanched vegetables in ice water.
- Drain and transfer broccoli, broccoli stems, and cauliflower to bowl and add Brussels sprouts.
- In Vitamix, combine dressing ingredients. Process until creamy and smooth, add more water if needed.
- Toss Vegetables in dressing and serve garnished with sesame seeds.
Notes: Instead of using raw Brussels sprouts you can roast them in the oven. Simply toss them with a little bit of olive oil and cook at 350F until golden.