Orange and carrot is one of my favorite combinations. They make a great breakfast or snack muffin recipe. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (makes 12 muffins)
- 1 cup of fresh squeezed (organic optional) orange juice.
- 1 tablespoons of orange zest
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup of organic cold-pressed coconut oil
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 1 cup of Bob's Redmill paleo baking flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven at 350°F. Grease the bottoms and sides of of muffin cups with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients. Mix and stir all ingredients until smooth. You can use a fork or a mixer. Batter will be a little lumpy because of the graded carrot and orange zest.
- Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes, or insert knife in the center until it comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes before removing from pan. Eat warm or cold.