Berry Protein Power Breakfast Smoothie
This smoothie is the perfect morning pick-me-up to get the day started off right. This combo of natural sugars, antioxidants, minerals, healthy fats, and protein from the pumpkin seeds and hemp hearts will keep you feeling satisfied for a few hours.
There is something I love about starting my day with a big smoothie, it makes me feel energized and satiated without the crash a couple hours later.
Give it a try and see how you feel!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of berries of your choice (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla collagen protein by Further Food (optional)
- Almond milk: good source of vitamin E & calcium, often fortified with vitamins A, D, & B12.
- Banana: A great source of vitamin B6, potassium, vitamin C, and manganese.
- Spinach: Loaded with vitamin K as well as vitamins A & C.
- Pumpkin seeds: a good source of protein, iron, zinc, manganese, magnesium, copper, and potassium.
- Hemp hearts: packed with high quality protein and a great source of essential fats acids.
- Add all the ingredients in a blender, I used a Vitamix, but any blender works.
- Blend until smooth, and add ice to taste.
- Enjoy fresh and cold!