I'll have one of each of whatever Jennifer Aniston is having, please! The woman has been outsmarting all of us when it comes to nutrition, boy 50 does look good on her. I recently read an article where she said her go-to breakfast was a baked avocado egg...huh? I quickly googled it, and ran to my kitchen to try it myself.
Both eggs and avocados are nutrient dense foods. Eggs are a good source of protein and they are inexpensive, which is a plus. Avocados are incredibly nutritious. They are loaded with vitamins, fiber and heart-healthy fatty acids.
This recipe is so easy to make and gluten-free. It is high in protein, loaded with healthy fats and low in carbs. Avocados and eggs are the best combo! Start your mornings with this delicious low carb breakfast.
INGREDIENTS (2 servings)
1 Large Avocado
1 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
½ Tbsp Parsley
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the avocado in half long ways and remove the pit.
- If it’s a small pit, use a spoon to remove some of the avocado meat and make room for the egg.
- Place the avocados in two small ramekins to keep them upright. Or you can bake without ramekins
- Crack the eggs into each avocado half and top with salt, pepper, parsley, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Top with chopped tomatoes before serving.
Comment below and let us know how you like our recipes. Enjoy!