This salad by chef Kristina Margolin from @nakdspoon is easy to make, bright, makes a great meal or a fabulous side. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed before
- 2 blood oranges, segmented, squeeze and reserve the juices from membranes
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar, can be substituted with red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced into rings
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salad greens
- Cook quinoa in a small sauce pan with 1 1/2 cups of hot water and a pinch of salt for about 15 mins. Keep it covered while cooking. Turn off the heat and let it sit for additional 10 mins. Fluff with a fork, add additional salt and pepper.
- Squeeze 1/2 cup of orange juice from the membranes of oranges. Put in a small sauce pan and simmer until reduced by half. Cool it, then whisk in vinegar, olive oil and salt.
- Spoon quinoa onto a plate. Combine avocado, salad greens, shallots and orange segments with orange vinaigrette. Arrange the mixture over quinoa.