Gnocchi is one of my ultimate comfort foods so its always fun for me to come up with new ways to serve it. This versatile dish is perfect for any special occasion, with a few ingredients and a whole lot of flavor; the ghee and honey infuse the brussels sprouts with a tangy and sweet twist. Cappello's almond flour gnocchi is our favorite alternative to traditional pasta.
Gigi & The DLH Team
- 1 Pound of Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red-Pepper Flakes
- 1 Package of Capellos Almond Flour Gnocchi
- 6 Tablespoons of Grass-Fed Ghee
- 1/2 Teaspoon Honey
- Freshly Grated Parmesan
- Trim and halve the Brussels sprouts. Using a vegetable peeler, peel thick strips of lemon zest, then coarsely chop.
- In a large skillet, heat three tablespoons olive oil over medium-high. Add the brussels sprouts, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper, then arrange the brussels sprouts in an even layer, cut-side down. Scatter the lemon zest over the top and cook until the brussels sprouts are browned, approx 3 to 5 minutes. Add the red-pepper flakes, stir and cook until the brussels sprouts are crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining one tablespoon olive oil over medium-high. Break up any gnocchi stuck together, add them to the pan, and cook, covered and undisturbed, until golden brown on one side, 2 to 4 minutes. Add the ghee and honey, season with salt and a generous amount of black pepper, and cook, stirring, until the butter is golden 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the brussels sprouts until warmed through.
- Serve with grated Parmesan.