Halloween may be over, but pumpkin season continues and we are savoring it.
In true De La Heart spirit, we've revamped the basic french fry recipe by ditching the artificial flavorings for real, high-vibrational ingredients.
While this specific recipe calls for pumpkin, feel free to use any other squash or in-season root vegetables. Enjoy!
Gigi & The DLH Team
- 1 Large Pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Toppings of your choice
- Begin by prepping your pumpkin. Slice the pumpkin in half and then half again. Remove the seeds and the skin and cut the pumpkin slices into half inch wide strips resembling fries.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the pumpkin slices, olive oil, and salt. It may be easiest to use your hands to toss the pumpkin to assure that the slices all get evenly covered
- Evenly place the sliced pumpkin, without overlapping, into the basket of the air fryer. Air fry for six minutes and then toss the fries in the basket. Continue to air fry the pumpkin until crisp (about another six minutes). Repeat until all of the fries are done air-frying.
- Toss the pumpkin fries on a plate and add your favorite toppings or sides. Enjoy!