6 Healthy Snacks That Get Me Through The Day
Though I’m not necessarily a snacker, now that I’m breastfeeding and hungry all the time, I find myself eating between meals to satisfy my hunger. Snacking has also helped me get the nutrients I need while boosting my energy levels. That’s why it's a great idea to make sure you have healthy options on hand, so that you are prepared for when the hunger hits. These are a few of my favorite options.
1. Celery sticks with almond butter (one tbsp and 8 sticks) - This is a simple snack that provides plenty of healthy fats and protein to keep you satiated. Nut butters are also a great source of fiber, vitamins B, A, & E, iron, zinc, magnesium, and potassium.
2. Dried goji berries and mulberries (1/2 a cup) - A nutrient-packed snack that offers a great pick-me-up. It’s also a nutritious portable snack to take along when you’re running errands, on your way to work, or charging out of the house. These healthy berries are full of healthy fats, omega-3s, fiber, protein, minerals, vitamins, and powerful phytochemicals with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory action.
3. Golden Mylk 6oz - This soothing snack is my go-to. Turmeric root has been deemed the superfood of choice for busting inflammation for centuries now. It contains a chemical named curcumin which has prebiotic-like properties that help enable to make changes to the gut microbiota and support the gut-immune connection.
4. GTS coconut yogurt with purely Elizabeth granola - A protein and probiotic packed duo that is perfect for kids and adults in need of satisfying snack. It’s no secret probiotics are a must for supporting healthy digestion so consuming fermented foods such as coconut yogurt will help you to get the necessary good bacteria your gut needs in order to function smoothly.
5. Fresh blueberries (1/2 a cup) - I love having a bowl of blueberries for a snack. Not only are they perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth craving but blueberries are also a beauty food. High in antioxidants and packed with vitamin C to help protect your skin from sun damage.