5 Foods For Healthy Skin
1. Avocado Oil: Healthy Fats are essential for keeping our skin hydrated & preventing fine lines' appearance. Try my Gigi Salad; it is simple to make, delicious to eat, packed with healthy fats from avocados & Evo, and rich and nutrients needed to maintain moisture & elasticity for the skin.
2. Coconut Oil: When taken in small amounts within a healthy plant-based diet, coconut oil is a fantastic superfood that can help fight inflammation in the body and protect skin from harmful bacteria that can lead to acne breakouts. Try our Carrot Zucchini Bread for a healthy dose of coconut oil in your diet. This dish is the best of both worlds, a delicious treat & beneficial for the body. Enjoy!
3. Carrots: I like to call carrots the chameleon of superfoods. You can bake them, fry them, drink them; they can turn into almost anything. One of my favorite ways to incorporate this superfood into my diet is with a nice bowl of warming soup like my Vegan Carrot & Ginger Soup. This soup is easy to make, great for your digestion & is rich in beta carotene, a nutrient found in carrots. Beta carotene turns into Vitamin A, giving you firmer, youthful-looking skin.
4. Sweet Potato: More carotenoids! A breakfast favorite at my house is my husband's Sweet Potato Toast. This recipe is delicious and customizable to its eater and is rich in beta carotene & vitamin C. In other words, eat your way to anti-aging! Brownie points if you add a few slices of avocado to your creation.
5. Blueberries: This sweet and delicious superfood is one of the most popular for its anthocyanins; their purple/blue color comes from this rich antioxidant that boosts collagen & makes a great source of fiber that can help heal inflammation in the gut. Try our Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds recipe for a breakfast full of fiber, antioxidants & healthy Omega-3 Fatty Acids from the chia seeds.