My friends @skinlocal invited me to try Morpheus 8 and I couldn’t say no. I’ve been really intrigued by this treatment as it seems to be all the rage amongst beauty connoisseurs. Morpheus 8 is a minimally invasive, non-surgical treatment that combines micro-needling and radiofrequency energy to improve skin texture and tone, as well as reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars. The treatment uses tiny needles to deliver radiofrequency energy to the deeper layers of the skin, which stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, resulting in firmer, smoother, and more youthful-looking skin.
Morpheus 8 is a type of fractional radiofrequency treatment, which means that it treats only a fraction of the skin at a time, leaving the surrounding skin untouched. This allows for a quicker recovery time compared to other types of radiofrequency treatments. Think small facelift with no downtime. It can also be used on various areas of the face and body, including the forehead, cheeks, jawline, and neck, as well as areas with stretch marks or scars. And a few of my friends have recommended it to help tighten that extra skin leftover from pregnancy. So I decided to give it try on my face & belly area. Here’s what I learned:
Is it painful? The level of discomfort can vary depending on the individual’s pain threshold, and coming from someone who gave birth twice with no meds—it doesn't hurt as much as people say it does!
Can we do anything about the pain? Yes, the treatment is tolerable if the area is numbed, numbing can be done topically with a cream or injected. I chose topically. Pain, heat, and discomfort subside shortly after the treatment is completed and @skinlocal they support you post-treatment using an exosome complex to promote rapid healing and is effective in cooling skin post-treatment.
Is there really no downtime? Well, immediately after the treatment you’re very red and a bit swollen. This all subsided within 24 hours, for me. However, I had tiny purple marks on my stomach for almost 3 weeks post-treatment.
Is there any post-treatment care? Yes!
- Keep the treated area clean and dry: Avoid using any creams or lotions on the treated area for at least 24 hours after the treatment. You may wash the area gently with cool water and mild soap, but avoid rubbing or scratching the skin.
- Avoid sun exposure: Stay out of direct sunlight or tanning beds for at least two weeks after the treatment. If you must go outside, wear a wide-brimmed visor and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Avoid strenuous exercise: Refrain from any strenuous exercise or activities that cause sweating for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
- Use cold compresses: You may experience some swelling or redness after the treatment. You can reduce these symptoms by applying cold compresses to the treated area for 10-15 minutes at a time, several times a day.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: Smoking and alcohol can interfere with the healing process and may increase the risk of complications. Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
How long does it take to see results? The results of Morpheus8 can vary depending on individual factors such as the severity of the skin condition being treated, the age of the patient, and the number of treatments received. Generally, most patients see some improvement in their skin within a few days to a week after the treatment. I noticed tighter skin at about 4 weeks post-treatment. However, it can take longer for the full results to become visible as the skin continues to heal and regenerate collagen. @skinlocal suggests to do 3 sessions every 6-8 weeks for optimal results.
Will you do it again? I definitely will in neck and face, but not in my belly.How much? $$$
But use code DLH to get 15% off your next treatment @skinlocal.