Hair loss after pregnancy is quite common, however, losing clumps of hair feels anything but normal. My hair loss really started to accelerate four months after I gave birth to my daughter, Shiva. And though most women experience this condition postpartum (as my hair is falls out in clumps) I couldn't help but panic.
So, I did what I do best, I found a natural way to support my hair's regrowth process using 3 of my favorite foods. Most of us know avocados are incredibly healthy for our bodies, but what most people don't know is that avocado can do wonders for your hair.
Avocados are high in vitamins B and E, which work at the cellular level to protect and strengthen hair. Vitamin E helps repair damage on the scalp, which may slow or prevent hair growing. Vitamin B is essential for hair growth. Avocado locks moisture into hair cells, nourishes hair cells, and strengthens hair roots, shaft and strands. This hair mask has been incredibly soothing and hydrating to my hair. Easy, simple, and effective. Whether you're experiencing hair loss or not, this mask will instantly revitalize your hair. Try it out!
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Mash the avocado into a paste, leaving as few chunks as possible. Add the vinegar and coconut oil and stir well to combine.
- Rub the mixture all over your hair and scalp. We suggest styling your hair up to keep the hair contained while it has the mask on. Let the avocado mixture sit on your head for 20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with water. Then shampoo once or twice. Follow with a little conditioner, if desired.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar in hair
- Soothes scalp irritations.
- Balances hair & scalp PH.
- Naturally exfoliates scalp.
- Removes product buildup.
Benefits of coconut oil in hair
- Adds Shine.
- Soften and conditions hair.
- Helps detangle hair.
- Tames frizz and smooths split ends.