Clean & Recharge Your Gua Sha Guide
Using the energy of the moon is a powerful way to set intentions, reroute, or release what is no longer serving you. Over the years I've learned to work with the energies of the moon, one of my moon rituals is to clean and recharge my crystals, including my beauty crystals. All my beauty tools are made from powerful crystals that speak to me and being in sync with the energy of the moon has been a great way to make sure they are as energetically clear as possible.
I’ve studied with many healers in my life and have learned several different methods for crystal cleansing. My favorite one uses Himalayan salt. Himalayan salt is the most traditional purifying agent. Its natural absorbing properties draw out and release the unwanted and negative energies that have been collected on the gems’ surface.
Let this be a guide to clearing your tools and amplifying your heart's desires.
CLEANING YOUR GUA SHA:
- In a bowl, gently wash your Gua Sha with warm water and gentle hand soap or facial cleanser.
- Remove your Gua Sha from the bowl and lay out to dry on a hand towel.
- Once your Gua Sha is dry, Spray isopropyl alcohol to disinfect and remove product build up.
- Allow your Gua Sha dry and then return it to your beauty cabinet.
RECHARGING YOUR GUA SHA WITH A MOON BATH:
- Cleanse your Gua Sha using the instructions above.
- Add 1 cup of himalayan salt to a bowl.
- Lay or bury the Gua Sha in the salt.
- Place the bowl on any natural surface near a window for direct moon light over night.
- The next day, allow them to charge for a few hours in morning sunrise but not too late as many crystals such as Rose Quartz fade in direct sunlight.
- Once your Gua Sha is charged with the energy of the moon light, hold your Gua Sha in both of your palms and set your intentions.
I like to close the ritual with a simple thank you to Mother Earth for the cleansing of the crystals and the elements that came together to make these healing tools. It seals in their healing vibrations and reminds me to stay focused on what matters most to our hearts.