The month of August marks Breastfeeding Awareness Month, so we put together a round up of our top five lactation-boosting recipe for breastfeeding moms. Mama's, make sure to eat up so baby can drink up!
With Love, Gigi & The Delaheart Team
- Steal Cut Oats For Lactating Mamas - Eating a bowl of oats every morning is a frequently heard recommendation for increasing milk supply when breastfeeding, due to its high content of iron.
- Overnight Oats With Chia Seeds - Breakfast of champions is what I like to call this one. Oats are loaded with good-for-you nutrients like fiber, protein, magnesium, potassium, and omega 3 fatty acids, among other things.
- Golden Mylk Latte - The turmeric in this caffeine-free latte can help prevent engorgement and mastitis.
- Veggie Quinoa Fried Rice - Quinoa is a great source of magnesium, which helps your body absorb calcium, and therefore, is essential during breastfeeding. It is also an excellent source of fiber and protein, which is excellent if you are a vegetarian or vegan.
- Vegan Banana Oat Pancakes - These pancakes made with oats will not only please the taste buds, but also fuel your day with clean energy while helping the milk supply. To really boost up the recipe, add your favorite lactation boosting superfoods.