Destination: New York City
NYC is known for always setting the bar high when it comes to art, food, shopping, entertainment, and wellness. Being a junkie of the latter, NYC is a destination I always visit to get inspired and up to date to what's hot in my industry. This not-for-tourists guide is all you need for a weekend getaway in the big city.
If you’re traveling from Miami, catch a direct flight and you’ll be in the city in approximately 2 hours and 40 min. Flights are easy and AA offers great rates!
My personal favorite is Casa Cipriani or The New York Edition on Madison Ave. If you’re looking for the New York experience, I suggest staying at The Plaza or The Ritz Carlton Central Park.
WHERE TO EAT:
- Jacks Wife Freda - A simple, cute little café in Soho. This is a good place to go if you want to keep things healthy and casual, and they serve the best matzoh ball soup I've ever had. ( 224 Lafayette St, New York, NY 10012 )
- ABCV - Vegetarian food that highlights the flavors of fresh vegetables using farm-to-table ingredients. Everything on the menu is plant-based, non GMO, sustainable, artisanal, and organic. I loved the green chickpea hummus and roasted market potatoes. ( 38 E 19th St, New York, NY 10003 )
- Borrachito- A tiny taco spot hidden in the back of an East Village cocktail bar built on authentic principles of Mexican cooking with tortillas made by hand. Try the shrimp tacos and the spicy dead lady if you like a cocktail with a kick. ( 206 Avenue A, New York, NY 10009 )
- Wayla - Serving bright and fresh homestyle Thai food with a greenmarket approach inspired by the markets in Bangkok where their Chef, Tom Naumsuwan, grew up. If you like spicy, order the papaya salad. ( 100 Forsyth St, New York, NY 10002 )
- Casa Cipriani - A true private members club in the iconic Battery Maritime Building. My all time favorite is the pasta Pomodoro. ( 10 South St, New York, NY 10004 )
- The Well Kitchen & Table - Located inside of The Well, a modern wellness club in New York’s Flatiron — this market-fresh restaurant is focused on seasonal, local and organic offerings in health-minded plates. ( 2 E 15th St Suite B, New York, NY 10003 )
- Blue Bottle - One of the best oat milk lattes I've had, they also offer grab-and-go sandwiches and pastries. ( Multiple Locations )
- Estiatorio Milos in Hudson Yards - A Miami staple in the heart of Hudson Yards. This location offers walls of glass overlooking the Hudson River, a spectacular outdoor terrace and an eyes-view of The Vessel. ( 20 Hudson Yards, Fifth Floor, New York, NY 10001)
- The Butchers Daughter - A plant-based restaurant, cafe, & juice bar that offers everything from wellness lattes to jumbo lump 'crab' cakes. ( 581 Hudson Street. New York, NY. 10014 )
- SUMMIT One Vanderbilt - Summit ups the ante on the NYC observatory experience through art installations, glass ledges, and exterior glass-floor elevators.
- IMD Beauty - Infrared, Massage, Detox. This lymphatic drainage hot spot specializes in LMD, infrared sauna, body-sculpting, cellulite treatment, and prenatal massage.
- The Vessel - Interactive artwork in the heart of Hudson Yards, The Vessel is a spiral staircase that offers incredible views of Manhattan. ( and not to mention one of the most Instagrammable Places in NYC.)
SHOP FOR WELLNESS AT:
- GOOP - Shop curated essentials from Gwyneth herself.
- The Detox Market - A clean beauty marketplace offering premium, organic, vegan skincare, makeup, and cosmetics.
- Shen Beauty - A cool curation of clean, innovative and modern beauty brands from around the world.