Zucchini Burger Sliders
This versatile dish will make everyone in your house happy. If you're vegan or vegetarian, you can use Impossible Meat (like I did) and if you're not you can use any ground meat of your choice. I made these sliders a few nights ago for dinner and they were a total hit. Try them out!
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch-slices
- 1 lb of ground meat (you can use Beyond Meat, Impossible Meat, or your meat of choice)
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (we used So Delicious Cheddar cheese)
- avocado oil cooking spray
- Throughly rinse your zucchini and pat dry the excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Carefully cut off the ends. Cut across the zucchini to slice 1/2-inch thick rounds.
- Sprinkle rounds with a tiny bit of salt and pepper, then set aside on paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground meat with all the seasonings.
- Shape your meat into 8 equal sized mini-patties, about 1-inch thick.
- Lightly grease a large skillet with avocado oil cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat, then add sliced zucchini rounds, cook until slightly charred, about 1-2 minutes per side. Set zucchini aside on a plate.
- Add patties to the pan and sear each side until nicely golden-about 2-4 minutes.
- Flip to the other side, then add the cheese and cover until melted.
- Assemble your burger sliders as shown, and serve immediately.