I’ve been traveling non-stop lately and as much as I enjoy my travels, it does throw me off from the routine I have at home and my daily habits. So, I've decided to make traveling as seamless as possible by creating a travel routine I now follow every time I'm away. Here are my 10 tips on how to stay on the health track while traveling. Enjoy!
- Stay active. Make sure there is a gym or exercise room in your hotel. This will make it easy to get a workout in every day.
- Build what I like to call a “traveling gym”. Pick 3-5 of your favorite (easy-to-travel) workout tools and bring them with you. You can get a full body workout in your room if you don’t have access to a gym.
- Bring your daily routine with you. Pack your must-have superfoods, vitamins, and supplements. I always try to travel with: apple cider vinegar, turmeric powder, coconut oil, probiotics, turmeric pills, digestive enzymes, sun potion powders, tonics and teas.
- If you have dietary restrictions, stick to them!
- Do a little research of places where you can eat. For example, I always like to find the local juice bar, coffee shop, and vegan restaurants everywhere I go.
- Walk! Walk everywhere if you can.
- Drink twice the amount of water you drink at home. Stay hydrated, this will stop you from over-eating.
- Don’t eat airport or airplane food. Plan ahead. Eat before or after. Bring snacks to hold you over until you arrive at your final destination.
- Pack your lymphatic drainage tools—facial roller and lymphatic paddle—these will help you with water retention and puffiness.
- Enjoy and try new foods, but no need to over-indulge. Make choices. i.e. Skip the bread basket if you’re having pasta. Choose between having wine or having dessert.