Serves 4 people:
- Medium sizes butternut squash
- Raw tahini paste
- 2 lemons
- Avocado oil.
- Salt, pepper, cumin & zathar
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven at 420°F.
- Wash and dry the outside of the butternut squash.
- Cut squash carefully in the middle (vertically). Scrape out all the seeds with a small spoon, set seeds aside.
- Mark the outside surface of the squash with a criss cross pattern. Coat squash (inside and outside) with avocado oil. Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from oven, and fill with lemony tahini drizzle.
- Continue to roast for about 5 minutes (optional, warm tahini is delicious).
- Remove, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with parsley and serve. (Salt & pepper to taste)
Lemony tahini :
- 2 fresh lemons (juiced)
- 5 tbps of raw tahini paste
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- salt, white pepper and cumin
Mix and blend all the ingredients until smooth.